What to do about under slab leaks
Finding under slab leaks requires experience and should never involve searching by randomly breaking areas of slab. Often times, with the proper equipment and expertise, only a very small portion of floor will need to be removed in order to locate and repair the slab leak. Make sure you hire someone knowledgeable and experienced in this field.
At DMS Plumbing, our team of plumbers are experienced at finding and fixing slab leaks.
Signs of an under slab leak
- When water is turned off you can still hear the sound of running water
- If you observe cracks in walls or floors could indicate damage caused by water damage from a leak
- High water bills could mean there is a leak in your plumbing, perhaps under slab
- if there is mildew or excessive moisture under carpets
- Unusually warm or hot spots on the floor (hot water under slab leak)
Under slab leak repair options
- Reroute (or Repipe)
- Spot repair
- In-place pipe coating
Share this post!